Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lunch is poured


Queen Elizabeth II won't like me distorting her words to fit my situation, but this annus has not been completely horribilis for me.

One bright side of having diminished energy levels is that I have developed a hot-and-heavy addiction to watching DVDs at night after I get home from work.

This requires chronic shopping for fresh fixes for my habit. On a recent visit to Freakbeat Records in Sherman Oaks, I picked up a DVD collection of the first season of "Everybody Loves Raymond" even though I had never actually seen the show before. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'm a little slow.

At the end of the credits in each episode of "Raymond," there's a mention of "Where's Lunch," the show's production company. Each episode shows a different plate of food being set down on a placemat, while some jazzy piano music plays.

I've seen Italian food, I've seen turkey, I've seen chicken, and I've seen soup. I've seen just about every type of food you can imagine in the "Where's Lunch" bit but the food that I have for lunch every day: three cans of high-nitrogen, high-calorie, vanilla-flavored liquid Isosource.

I've got eight more seasons of "Raymond" to catch up on. It's bound to show up sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment