Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy news


Dr. B1 just sent an email that makes me very happy:

"Dear Mr. Serchia: Good news. The biopsy showed no evidence of malignancy. That means at this point, we cannot see any more active cancer cells. The biopsy did show granulation tissue and inflammatory cells, which is likely a side effect of the radiation therapy. We will have to continue to watch that area as it is healing."

Thank you to everyone who has been hoping for this outcome all along. More later.

9 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you, Paul. Hang in there through the healing process...it's all uphill from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is wonderful news. I'm sure you can imagine the smile on my face when I first read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops....I meant downhill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy piece of news to start the day with (well, not quite start, but learn shortly after watching Mamie Louise dance at 7:30am). I hope to hear that you will be singing soon--while riding your bike (uphill or down but not as a metaphoric event....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! Monica, you did not misspeak in your initial post. The cyclist in me prefers the slow uphill climb to the rapid downhill descent. Can't wait to be well enough to ride again. You all are wonderful friends for giving me so much support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One huge step for you, and for all of us in your corner. Bravo! -- Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little behind in my reading this week, Paul. Just read the good news!
    I'm very happy for you! Keep hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete