Saturday, March 7, 2009

Monkee business

One Saturday in 1967, my family had lunch at a coffee shop somewhere in Hollywood, and sat in a booth that had just been occupied by the Monkees.

At least, that was what I recall the waitress telling us. She said I was sitting in Peter's spot. I saw that waitress' face, and I was a believer.

OK, flash forward 42 years. Peter Tork of the Monkees and I are weaving in and around each other's lives again.

Last week, Peter announced that he had been given a diagnosis of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, a rare form of head and neck cancer. The following day, in New York, he had surgery and yesterday a statement on Peter's website said that the surgery was successful. Peter now is recovering in good spirits, according to the announcement.

Peter's cancer is on his tongue, just like mine, and is believed to me slow-moving, as I hope mine is.

Keep good thoughts in your mind for Peter's full recovery. You can drop him a line at:

Peter Tork
524 San Anselmo Ave #102
San Anselmo, CA 94960

No comments:

Post a Comment